On this opportunity, I want to share How to Import VMs from ESXi, VMware Workstation, VirtualBox to Proxmox. Incidentally, in the past, we worked a project: migration Physical server to Virtual (P2V). We do this migration process with the help of VMware vCenter Converter software that we install on hosts that will be converted, especially the Windows operating system, for the Linux operating system we do with the remote host method (VMware vCenter Converter application installed on Windows). Proxmox VE version 5.2 & Latest makes it very easy for us to import virtual machines that we have, the important ones are exported .ovf. 😀
Step by step to Import VMs from ESXi, VMware Workstation, VirtualBox to Proxmox:
– Prepare the Exported VMs files (VMs-File.ovf, VMs-File.vmdk, VMs-File.mf )
– Proxmox VE version 5.2.x (installed)
– Upload, Exported VMs files to Proxmox Local-Disk or Share Storage that has been accessed by Proxmox.
– Use Import VMs Command on Proxmox:
root@pve:~# qm importovf 100 VMs-File.ovf local-lvm </ code>
Tips for Import VMs from ESXi, VMware Workstation, VirtualBox to Proxmox:
– Recommended using VMware Workstation application for Export VMs / using VMware ESXi.